Prenuptial / Postnuptial Agreements
At the The Law Firm of Poppe & Associates, PLLC, our attorneys understand the importance of assisting our clients in protecting their assets. One method of doing this is, both present and future, including through the use of prenuptial and post-nuptial agreements.
Prenuptial and post-nuptial agreements do much more than just protecting one party’s assets in a subsequent divorce. They can also serve to protect each party from being held responsible for the other liabilities. This is a critical role of these agreements that is often overlooked.
You may want to consider contacting an attorney at, the The Law Firm of Poppe & Associates, PLLC,
should you fall into one of the categories below:
- One spouse have assets such as a home, stock or retirement funds
- Own all or part of a business
- You may be receiving an inheritance
- One spouse have children and/or grandchildren from a previous marriage
- One spouse is much wealthier than the other
- One of you will be supporting the other through college
- You have loved ones who need to be taken care of, such as elderly parents
- You have or are pursuing a degree or license in a potentially lucrative profession such as medicine
- You could see a big increase in income because your business is taking off, or that garage band you play in has just gotten a contract with a big record company
Contact us today and schedule your consultation to discuss your prenuptial and post-nuptial agreements matter.